Thursday, April 30, 2009

Resourceful?

One day last week Emma Catherine wanted a bracelet that I put on top of her dresser before nap time. I told her she could wear it after nap. When she woke up, this is what I found.

She had piled up approximately 50 books or so to reach the bracelet and she had it on. I had to turn my head to not laugh.

Two other updates:

1. Our new camera lens came today...hooray! We got a great deal on ebay and it takes great pictures.

2. Today Ryan opened the grill and all 3 baby birds were dead. I'm not gonna lie, I was really sad. I don't know what happened because we've seen the parents bring them worms, but they're gone, and if we can help it, there will be no more nests or birds in our grill. We are still debating over what to do with the grill. I'm not sure I can eat something cooked on it, but Ryan thinks that the heat will kill anything gross in there. I'm not sure I can get over the mental image.

4 comments:

Beth Goff said...

Smart girl!

That is so sad about the birds... That really is sad!!

Wanting What I Have said...

That is hilarious about the bracelet! :)

That makes me sad about the birds...I'd drag that grill out on the driveway and bleach it and use oven cleaner on it and then run it HOT for a little bit and pretend it's all new...you could even buy a can of that "grill" spray that puts a new coat on the rack...I'd struggle, too.

Rachel N. said...

I love it what EC did with the books. So resourceful wouldn't you say?
Can't you just buy a new rack for the grill? Of course, I would do J's ideas as well but seems to me a new rack in addition to her ideas would make it like new. The rack is what they were on anyways and what your food would be on.???Just a thought.

becky bell said...

So sad the birds didn't make it. We had an old grill that birds kept making nests in and we finally chunked it and got a new one.

Emma Catherine piling up the books is too funny!!! They are too smart for their own good sometimes.