Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Family Visit

This past weekend my aunt and my grandpa came into town for a visit. We were so glad to see them and we had a great time. On Saturday we took advantage of the great weather and we took the girls downtown to the river park.
By the river park is a large hill that we noticed kids sliding down on cardboard boxes. My aunt asked if Emma Catherine would try it, but assured her that she wouldn't because she is scared of everything. They asked her though and much to my surprise, she said yes. She went down once with her daddy and then was willing to try it by herself. I couldn't believe it considering this was my child who took 2 years to swing on her baby swing. The picture doesn't do it justice but it was a big hill.
We played outside some...
and what trip would be complete without shopping? Over Christmas my aunt gave us a buffet that was my great grandmother's. We put it in our entry way and filled it with toys, but otherwise we have done nothing with it. The top has been empty and so has the wall and the floor. My aunt and I spent all Saturday afternoon looking for things to decorate it with. After going to homegoods, world market, tjmaxx, 2 targets, michaels, and hobby lobby, this is what we came up with.

Again, the picture does not do it justice but I really like how it turned out. My aunt was such a huge help because I am not good at decorating. The color I used was a dark red which is a new color for me. Most of our house is in blues but I wanted something new. My aunt suggested I start with the rug so I found the rug at homegoods first and we went from there. It was a long day but totally worth it. Thank you Noni.

No comments: