Monday, January 10, 2011

National Championship

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about the National Championship game tonight.  I love Auburn with all my heart and I'm so glad to see something so special happen to our school.  If you didn't go to Auburn then it's hard to describe the feeling of family that we have.  It is a special and unique place that I will forever be grateful for.  I met my husband there, my best friends there, and I grew in my relationship with the Lord by leaps and bounds. 
I have no family history with Auburn and I originally looked at Auburn because they had a gymnastics program and it wouldn't be too far from home.  My parents took me to look at Auburn my junior year in high school and when we stepped on campus I knew it was a special place.  At one point as we were walking through campus, I looked at my mom and said, "Even if gymnastics doesn't work out, I think this is where I want to go."  My mom knew Auburn was the place because I had never even entertained the idea of not doing gymnastics in college.  Needless to say, I broke my foot in my junior year and could never really get over it and ended up stopping gymnastics in the summer before my senior year.  On the first day of my senior year, I applied to the one and only college I wanted to go to...Auburn.  After that I never looked back.  Not to say that everything was perfect while I was there but it was wonderful.  I was so excited when my sister decided to go to Auburn because now we could share that special bond. 
Ryan and I both love college football and never miss watching an Auburn game on TV and we try to make at least one game a season.  I was a freshmen at Auburn the same year Tommy Tubberville came.  We definitely went through so rebuilding years while I was there but Tommy put our program back on the map and he also put spiritual emphasis in the program.  He hired Chette Williams to be one of the first full time football chaplains in the nation, and that is a legacy that continues today.  They started Friday night prayer meetings for the team on nights before games and that has continued with one being held last night.  Louie Giglio was even there with them.  What a special team and a special place Auburn is.  I admit that I was skeptical when Gene Chizik was hired but I am skeptical no more.  When I watched the first episode of Auburn Tigers Everyday last year, I knew he was the right man for the job.    Auburn I love you and good luck!  You deserve the win, take it! 
p.s. We are ALL IN!

2 comments:

jeg said...

Christen, I am literally crying. As in, choking back tears. Although not fans by birth, we were fans from the moment we visited the campus. WAR EAGLE. I can't believe it's here. The National Championship!!!!!

Cathy said...

War Eagle. We knew that the Lord had you at Auburn for a special reason and that was to know Him better and meet your husband. It is a special place and we have adopted it as ours to cheer for. Congrats to the tigers.