Monday, January 17, 2011

Down to One

Yes, hooray, we are now the owners of only 1 house.  Praise the Lord, and I mean that sincerely.  We have finally sold our home in Chattanooga.  When we decided to move to Birmingham in August even though we hadn't sold our house is Chattanooga, we knew it might be hard, but we felt that it was the best decision for our family.   We still feel that way but are definitely glad the house sold.

This weekend we went to Chattanooga to close on our house.  We met the sweet family who bought our house and also spent time with some friends and old neighbors.  We loved our house there so much so we were glad that this couple was excited to be moving in.  They have a 14 month old and a month old, bless them. 

I absolutely never go anywhere without my camera and about 30 minutes down the road on Friday I realized that I had forgotten it....man.  I hate missing memories, especially because it was such a fun weekend.  After the closing, we took the girls bowling with our best friends and their 2 boys.  It was a brand new bowling alley, so not smokey at all.  It was a little crazy but fun.  On Saturday we went to visit our neighbors and also saw the couple moving into our old house.  We then hung out with our best friends again and then we to dinner with Emma Catherine's best friend's family (friends of Ryan and mine as well).  I was worried about the girls having a hard time going back to Chattanooga and then coming home, but they haven't missed a beat.

Since I don't have any pictures of the weekend, I'll post a picture I never got around to posting.  This is the girls posing when they go their new boots. 

1 comment:

Allison Boman said...

Congratulations, Christen!! I've been wondering about the house. Yeah!!!! So happy it is sold and that you feel good about the buyers, too. That's a plus! Love you guys!