Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Emma Catherine

I can't believe that Emma Catherine turned 5 today.  More than any birthday she's had so far, I have been so sentimental.  I think that in my mind, 5 years old was always far away, but now I realize that kindergarten is just around the corner.  It doesn't feel like it's time.  She's changing right before my eyes, and I love her to death.

Today she had school and after lunch, I brought cupcakes for her to share with her class.  She picked out the cupcakes she wanted...orange and blue.  Pink is her favorite color so I asked if she wanted pink but she would hear nothing of it.  She had her mind set on orange and blue cupcakes for Auburn.  (We were so proud.) 


For dinner she wanted to go to CiCi's pizza and then we can home for a Belle cake and a few presents.  I thought it was funny that she wanted to know why she doesn't start kindergarten tomorrow.  We've always talked about that you go to kindergarten when you turn 5, so she's ready to start now.  I just think she's too cute.  Of course, I'm her mom. 


It was a good day for all of us, although the real fun begins tomorrow when we leave for Disney World.  We are going to celebrate both girls' birthdays, which is their main present this year.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY PRECIOUS ONE. YOU ARE LOVED TO MUCH AND I AM GLAD THAT GOD GAVE YOU TO OUR FAMILY.
HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP AND I WILL SEE YOU NEXT SATURDAY.
LOVE AND KISSES,
MIA

jeg said...

OK, I have so many comments. First, I share in your overflowing pride that she would forgo her favorite color in lieu of Auburn orange and blue. Little Tiger in the making. Second, I cannot believe she is 5 either! I still remember coming to Dothan to meet the little peanut when she was only a few monnths old. And lastly, minus the Belle cake, I think EmC's 5th birthday could have resembled my 19th. I'm pretty sure I thought Cici's pizza was the greatest thing I'd ever discovered freshman year of college.

jeg said...

Also, it's not just you. She's incredibly stinkin' cute!