Sunday, May 25, 2008

When you hear a noise in your toddler's room...

...you should check on her immediately. This morning Ryan and I got up and were getting ready for church and both girls were asleep. Ryan went upstairs to iron his clothes and he heard a crinkling noise coming from Emma Catherine's room. He told me about it when I came upstairs to iron my clothes, but I assured him it was just her moving in her bed and rustling the sheets. We both went back downstairs and I turned the video part of the monitor on and saw that Emma Catherine was laying down in the bed, so I figured I had been right, that she was just moving. I started nursing Bailey and in a few minutes, Emma Catherine starts calling, "mommy, daddy." Ryan went to get her and then said, "oh my goodness" through the monitor. At some point this morning and I still can't figure out when, Emma Catherine went into her bathroom, used her step stool, climbed up onto the counter, and got the bag of chocolate chips that we have been using for potty training. She took it back into her bedroom and her bed was covered with chocolate chips. She had quite a good breakfast, don't you think? I wish we could have gotten pictures but of course, we were in clean up mode. Never a dull moment with a 2 year old!

No comments: