Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday

On Saturday was my 27th birthday and it seems weird that I'm in my late twenties. I know that it isn't old but I am definitely starting to feel older. My sweet friend, Carly, came into town to visit us and she was so much fun and such a help to us. We took Emma Catherine to the mall to play on Saturday morning and I got some new sunglasses because mine were missing. It turned out, though, that they weren't missing at all. Ryan found them Saturday afternoon outside in the front bushes...I wonder how they got there? In the afternoon Ryan stayed with the girls while they napped and Carly and I went shopping at my favorite store...Ann Taylor Loft. That night Carly offered to babysit the girls so Ryan and I could have a night out by ourselves. (more about that in a later post.) We went to J. Alexanders which so yummy. They had a mix up with our table and the host asked us if we minded switching seats. Of course, we didn't care so we moved. Then the manager came over and said that he was sorry and that he would treat us to an appetizer and dessert. We were thrilled! After dinner we went to look for my birthday present, A NEW LAPTOP! All my family is going in together to get it. I am so glad that I'll be able to check email and blog downstairs since I really don't get to come upstairs much. On Sunday we all went to church and then to eat Mexican food, another favorite of mine. When we got back we had a blizzard cake from the DQ. What a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Zac Boman said...

I'm so glad you had such a fun birthday weekend!! It looks like ya'll had a wonderful time. Also, I love Emma Catherine's ponytail! So cute!!