Thursday, May 8, 2008

paci problems


Well, Bailey has started sucking her thumb, and I don't know what to do about it. I would really much rather her use a paci because I've seen so many children have trouble stopping sucking their thumb. I have tried a couple of different pacis. The Nuk kind she seems to take the best of the ones I've tried. Sometimes she won't take a paci at all and even starts gagging. Other times she will take it, but she doesn't hold it in her mouth very long. The problem comes in at night. I tried the paci but as soon as the paci falls out she starts crying and it wakes her up and then she will eventually find her thumb. I am going to keep trying the paci because I do remember Emma Catherine spitting out the paci at first, but she never found her thumb. Maybe Bailey will learn to like the paci and keep it in longer and she will forget about her thumb. If anyone who reads the blog has any suggestions on how to get her to use the paci better, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know. Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christen, I haven't checked your blog in a long time, but I saw Kelly Brunson at the pediatrician and she reminded me of it. It's fun to see so many pictures of your family! I'm glad you are doing well. Of course, this advise is coming from the mom of a thumb-sucker, but I say just ENJOY not having to go in there and put the paci back in!! I was excited when William finally found his thumb at 8 weeks because that meant sleeping went so much better - it helped him to go to sleep and stay asleep. So, I say don't worry about it right now and just enjoy having a baby who can self-sooth. Sometimes it's hard for children to give up a pacifyer too when it comes time. Of course you can actually take that away if needed, and I think you might be arrested for cutting your child's thumbs off. :)

Anonymous said...

mum I have something I would gladly let her suck, my kids all sucked it both girl and boy, both got daddy's come long before baby cereal, baby sucks the best you come soooooooooooo quickly

Anonymous said...

Ashlea let me turn him into a c--k sucker I love little boys