Saturday, May 24, 2008

My 3 month old and my big girl

This week Bailey turned 3 months old. It's crazy that time has passed so quickly. Bailey continues to be a great baby. She is rolling over, smiling, sitting in her Bumbo, and sleeping through the night. She is waking up around 7:30 so I feel really blessed to be getting full night's sleep...thanks Babywise. She also takes good naps at home but lately hasn't been taking good naps in her carrier. I'm hoping that will get better since it seems like we're on the go most mornings.

As for my big girl, Emma Catherine, we are having some difficultly potty training. She wore big girl underwear for a whole week and was doing really well with tee-tee but not with the other. She will not use the potty for poop. (hope this doesn't gross any of you out but this is what I am dealing with) She has pooped in her underwear, pull-up, diaper, and the floor but not in the potty. She and I have also been battling going to the potty when she wakes up, before we go in the car, etc. After a particularly stressful Friday which included her fighting me to the use the potty when she woke up in the morning and before we left for gymnastics, her not participating at gymnastics and pushing another child over a green ball, her pooping in her underwear and then again on the floor, and throwing her lunch on the floor, I have decided to take one battle out of the equation and that is big girl underwear. I'm not sure if it is the right thing and I do feel a little bit like a failure, but I feel like I am disciplining/battling Emma Catherine all day, and the stress of potty training is not helping either one of us. Yesterday afternoon I put her in a pull-up and I will continue to do so for a little while. I will try the big girl underwear again at a later date. My goal would be for her to be potty trained by the time she starts preschool in mid-August, so we'll see. It is not a requirement for the preschool, so I am going to try to not stress about it (which is hard for me), and I am going to pray for wisdom, patience, and perseverance.

On another note, I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend. Our neighborhood pool has opened so we're hoping to go swimming and see if Emma Catherine will like the water this summer. Last summer she wasn't a fan of the pool. This morning I took some pictures of the girls. I thought they looked too cute.

P.S. I am posting using my new laptop. :)

No comments: