Monday, June 22, 2009

Vacation Bible School

Last week we had Vacation Bible School at our church. The theme was the Boomerang Express and I taught 4 year olds with my friends, Julie and Kathryn. Emma Catherine and Bailey also had their own classes and we all had a blast. It was definitely a tiring week for us, but it was fun.

These are the views of our classroom.
This is our class.
Julie, myself, and Kathryn
And then comes the VBS Family Night which was on Friday night. Emma Catherine, as usual was all talk. We have been practicing the songs for a month or so and all day she talked about singing at church. When we woke her up from her nap, she was very grumpy, which continued to church. This is the face we were getting all the way to church...
and the face we got on stage. She didn't sing one song. She sat on the step throughout the first song. Then she did this for the whole second song.
After having her back to us for the 2nd song, I have to admit, I tried to bribe her into singing. I know, not good parenting, but at the time I thought it was worth a shot to try to get her to sing the last song. I told her if she sang the last song, she might get a treat after the program. This is Emma Catherine during the 3rd song...
Needless to say, the bribe did not work and she did not sing. As we were walking back to our seats, she said, "do I get my treat now?" Ugh, I don't think so. Well it was a fun memory, maybe next year will be better. If you remember from last year's post on VBS, it didn't go well then either.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

uggggg.....loving the face. I think I have a few memories of those in my memory bank of when Emma Catherine's mommy was little.
So precious.
Love to all

carly rae said...

I am CRACKING UP at EmCat's face.. seriously. SHES AMAZING! Had I been there I would have made a scene! I love the Causeys!