Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Bailey!

On Saturday Bailey turned 1. Her first year has passed so quickly and honestly, I think she is changing daily. We had a fun time in Florida celebrating with my family and I will post pictures of that later in the week. Bailey has brought such joy to our family and it's hard to remember life before her. We went to the doctor today for her check up and she did great. She weighed 20.8 lbs (75th percentile) and 30 inches (90th percentile). She smiled and laughed at the doctor and didn't cry too much when she got her shot. Bailey isn't walking yet but she is getting close. She is pushing toys around and even standing without holding on to anything. She hasn't taken any steps, but it might be soon. She is still a great eater and eats everything we give her (except her birthday cake, but more about that later). She is only saying a few words, but she is jabbering a ton. I am also in the process of weaning her. We are down to nursing just once a day, and overall, it has gone pretty well. She seems to like milk and is getting better at using a cup. In honor of her birthday, I am going to list 12 things that I love about her since she is 12 months old.

1. I love that she smiles a lot.
2. I love that she already looks up to Emma Catherine.
3. I love that she is a great eater.
4. I love that usually goes with the flow of what our family is doing.
5. I love that she is vocal about her opinion.
6. I love that she says 'ha yo" (hello) when she picks up a phone.
7. I love that she will snuggle on my chest.
8. I love that she is a great napper and sleeper.
9. I love her funny faces when she is concentrating on something.
10. I love that she "dances" to music.
11. I love that she looks like her daddy.
12. I love her more than my words can express.
I love you, my sweet Bailey girl!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

You are both such awesome parents to these 2 precious gifts from the Lord.
Love being with you.
Mia

Allison Boman said...

Happy Birthday, Bailey! Can't believe she is one!