Monday, May 9, 2011

Easter

It has been awhile since I have blogged and there has been so much going on, especially in our state.  I have such a heavy heart that there is such devastation around us.  We were fine during the storm, thankfully.  We did lose power for 3 days, but during those LONG days, I constantly reminded myself how grateful I was to even have a house after so many don't have one anymore. 

Before the storm hit, we celebrated Easter.  On Saturday of Easter weekend we went to Ryan's parents to visit.  They girls dyed eggs, ate an Easter lunch, and hunted some eggs. 



On Easter Sunday we got ready and went to church extra early since Ryan and I sing in the choir and we had a practice.  Our Easter service was excellent and then we helped in the nursery during the next service.  We had trouble finding a place to eat after church so we ended up at McDonalds.  The girls were happy, and we were together, so that place didn't matter, but we have gotten a few laughs about it.  After the girls took a nap, we let them hunt Easter eggs in our yard.  Yes, this was their 3rd Easter egg hunt.

Our pictures on Easter were rushed and at a bad angle, but we tried.




2 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

Christen, Your girls are SOOO cute!!! I can't believe how big they are! Precious, precious. I am so thankful you are all okay!

becky bell said...

I can't believe how much the girls have grown this year! They are so sweet! Glad you guys are doing ok.