Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Quick Trip

My sister had to leave Chattanooga on Wednesday after lunch to get back for her softball game that night.  After exhausting all my resources to try to find a babysitter for the girls while I went to BSF, my Thursday morning Bible study, I said on a whim at lunch, "Why don't the girls and I go back with you?"  Those that know me, know that I am not really a spontaneous person and I really try to keep a schedule with the girls.  Since they were on Spring Break, I couldn't find a babysitter for Bible study, Ryan is gone during the week, and my parents have our dog, I decided to go for it and we quickly packed up and headed to Nashville. 

On Wednesday night we met friends at Baja Burrito (which was yummy) before Lauren's softball game.  One on Lauren's friends was Aubie at Auburn and he just had to watch Bailey's favorite video, Aubie Tigers (that's her name for it, not sure what it is actually called).
At the ball fields, the girls were thrilled that there was a playground.
A boy on Lauren's team was having a birthday so Lauren's friends decided to have an impromptu birthday party for him at the ball field with balloons, glow in the dark bracelets, snacks, and juice boxes. Of course the girls thought it was a lot of fun.  They definitely kept us laughing and Lolli's team won the game!
On Thursday we enjoyed hanging out with Lolli and then both girls took great naps.  On Thursday we had an another sister's reunion with Carly and Shelley.  We went to dinner and then to a yogurt place with every kind of topping imaginable.

On Friday, the girls and I packed up and headed home to be home before Ryan got back from Atlanta.  I was so glad I was spontaneous for once, because we had such a fun time and we don't get opportunities like that very much.

1 comment:

Lauren Lianne said...

I am so glad you were too! I loved every second that yall were in Nashville with me!