Monday, May 18, 2009

Whirlwind

This weekend felt a little bit like a whirlwind but we had a lot of fun. Emma Catherine had 2 birthday parties, we had a cookout with friends, my birthday on Sunday, and Ryan played in a golf tournament for church. The first birthday was for a set of twins that were turning one. Their older brother is in Emma Catherine's preschool class. We enjoyed playing and visiting with friends.
We left the birthday party in a downpour and headed across town to a bbq. It was a group of friends we met at the YMCA and a lot of the girls and I all work out at the same time. Our kids are all about the same age so all the kids played and played and played. We let the girls stay up a little past their bedtime and they were great.

On Sunday Emma Catherine had a gymnastics and swimming birthday party. She was so confused about it not being my birthday party since it was my birthday. I'm honestly not sure she ever really figured it out. Again, both girls had a blast at the party. Ryan took Bailey home for a nap after the gymnastics part and I stayed with Emma Catherine so she could swim. Except, that she never actually got in the pool. She thought it was too cold plus she saw a few worms at the bottom on the pool. I sure hope she'll get in the pool this summer. I am planning to spend a lot of time there. After Bailey woke up from her nap, we went to eat at my favorite Mexican restaurant for my birthday dinner. When we got home I opened my presents and we had cupcakes. Ryan got me some workout clothes, a exercise ball (I asked for both of these) and a new cell phone (a surprise). Ever since Bailey broke my palm pilot phone I have been wishing for a better cell phone b/c the one I'm using is so old. My contract isn't up for another year, so this was a great surprise. Mainly I just wanted one with a keyboard for easier texting and Ryan found a good deal on a used one on ebay. I am so excited.
I had a great weekend and a great birthday! Emma Catherine and Bailey both are taking great naps right now, as you can imagine, and I almost forgot one more surprise. One of Ryan's new co-workers offered to babysit the girls tonight so Ryan and I could have a birthday dinner without children. She is interning with Ryan's company and told Ryan that she loves to babysit. I am excited for a night out. Hopefully the girls will behave.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Of course my girls will behave. I can hardly wait for you to come here so we can celebrate your birthday. Glad it was a good day.
Love to all
Mia

becky bell said...

Happy Birthday to you! The girls are precious! I can't get over how much hair Bailey has!