Friday, January 2, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas!

We had such a great Christmas this year! Watching Emma Catherine get so excited was so much fun. We started the weekend before Christmas celebrating with Ryan's family in Prattville. I wish I had pictures but a very sad thing happened...Ryan accidentally dropped our SLR camera and now it does not work. That was kind of a rough start to Christmas, but now we're just going to start saving and looking for new deals. (Once we got to Florida we used my sister's camera the whole time.) The cousins all had fun playing together throughout the weekend. We went back to Chattanooga on Sunday night, and then we left for Palmetto on Monday afternoon. We figured the girls would travel better through the afternoon and night. On Christmas Eve morning we all packed up and went to my grandpa's house. We went to church that night and took our annual family picture.We woke up early on Christmas morning and Emma Catherine was so excited to see what Santa brought...a kitchen and princess bike.
We then opened presents and she wanted to open and help everyone to open their presents. Bailey, of course, liked the paper and toys that made noise.
Ryan was shocked by his "big" present this year. My mom and I got him a Wii and my grandpa got him Guitar Hero. This was totally unexpected for him and he was completely caught off guard. He has loved playing with it, and I am trying to learn but I am not very good.
We are so thankful to have such wonderful and generous families. They made Christmas so great for us and for the girls. I have so many cute pictures, I could post a ton, but here is one last picture of Emma Catherine with her bitty baby, in their matching PJ's.
Tomorrow we are heading back to Chattanooga and I have mixed feelings. We have been here two weeks, so it will be nice to not have to live out of a suitcase anymore, but we will GREATLY miss being surrounded by family.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Soooooooooo greatly missed by family!!!
Love
Bampy and Mia

Rachel N. said...

BTW, Bailey is so adorable! I love her beautiful eyes!!
Also, Andrew has a WII and rock band. I must admit...we both love playing it. It really is lots of fun.