Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Emma Catherine!



Today is Emma Catherine's 3rd birthday. It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital wondering why it was taking so long for Emma Catherine to join us in the world. I finally had her at 6:06 p.m. and our family of 2 became a family of 3. In honor of her birthday, I am writing 36 things that I love about her since she has been alive for 36 months. These are in no particular order. I've just been jotting them down as I've thought of them over the past week or so.




1. I love when she says, "I love you, Mommy."
2. I love when she gives me unexpected hugs and kisses.
3. I love when she makes Bailey laugh.
4. I love that she loves to eat.
5. I love when she asks for someone to "kickle" her (tickle).
6. I love when she sings songs at the top of her lungs.
7. I love that she is independent and wanting to do things on her own.
8. I love that she loves preschool.
9. I love that she doesn't mind wearing hair bows everyday.
10. I love that she is a good sleeper at night.
11. I love when we read books together.
12. I love when she reads books to herself.
13. I love that she loves the Disney princesses (because I do too!).
14. I love that she reminds me all the time to be "very fearful" (very careful).
15. I love that she lets me pick out her clothes.
16. I love when she excitedly tells me a story and uses her hands.
17. I love that she uses the pronoun "her" when talking about other girls, such as "hers wasn't at school because her was sick."
18. I love when she helps me cook.
19. I love that she decided on her own that she didn't need pull-ups at night or during her naps.
20. I love when she brushes my hair.
21. I love when she wants to "wake up" Bailey after her nap (going into her room by herself).
22. I love when she says, "thank you, Mommy" without prompting from me.
23. I love that she is always curious.
24. I love that she reminds us to say the blessing.
25. I love that she still uses both hands equally when she's working or drawing.
26. I love that she almost never has potty accidents.
27. I love when she makes funny faces.
28. I love when she puts on lipstick (chap stick) and says, "don't I look beautiful?"
29. I love that she will always be my firstborn.
30. I love that she and Bailey already have a special sister's language.
31. I love to hear her talk on the phone.
32. I love playing dress up with her.
33. I love that she looks a little like me.
34. I love that she is starting to become a little more brave (like riding her bike).
35. I love has become a helper to me.
36. I love her more than my words can express!



Happy Birthday, my sweet Emma Catherine!

3 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

Happy Birthday Emma Catherine!!!

Rachel said...

Looks a little like you?? She's a mini-Christen! Happy Birthday EC!!

Cathy said...

How precious to read the 36 things that you love about you oldest daughter. I know that you could think of 3,036 more reasons. I know because you are my firstborn and I love you more that I could ever write down.
You are a wonderful mom and it warms my heart to see you with your girls.
Love, Mom