Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Warehouse Sale

A couple of weeks ago I got a postcard about a Kelly's Kids warehouse sale. I have never been to a warehouse sale but the postcard said $9.99 for all tops and pants and $14.99 for all dresses. I love a good bargain and I had the recent Kelly's Kids catalog, so I new those prices were cheap. What I didn't know was what a warehouse sale would be like....MADNESS! Ryan was kind enough to take our family to Nashville for the day for the sale and he took the girls to an indoor playground while I (fought), I mean shopped at the sale. My friend Carly met me at the sale to help. Our plan was to each one take a size, but that didn't really last long. I got to the sale at 8:30 am and it started at 9:00, and the line was already down the street. I cannot confirm this, but people told us the the women at the front of the line were there at 4:30 am. Once the doors opened it was a free-for-all to grab as much clothes as possible. People just piled up clothes and in about 30 minutes (or less) there was almost nothing left on any rack. Once all the clothes were gone, people was sit on the ground and sort through what they grabbed. People were then like vultures and would grab up anything that someone didn't want. It was crazy and fun all at the same time and we even got to see a few fights that required Kelly's Kids reps and security to break them up. (not physical fighting, just yelling and arguing) All that to say, I did find some clothes for the girls for next fall, got a great deal, and had a pretty good time. I will say, though, that I never could have done it without Carly's help. We took some pictures but none of them really do it justice.
Yikes...it was crazy

It's hard to see, but all the people in the background are waiting to pay and the racks in the front of the picture show what was left (not much).

This is the discard table with a few clothes "thrown" on top. Most discarded clothes never made it to the table because people would take it before you even could get up to put the clothes on the table.
look at all the people!

1 comment:

carly rae said...

oh kellys kids. what a memory.