Monday, November 17, 2008

Emma Catherine's First Visit

...to the Emergency Room. Today after lunch Bailey pooped in her diaper and I was about to nurse her so I didn't want to change her upstairs. Emma Catherine was watching Beauty and the Beast so I didn't even tell her I was going outside. I ran literally to the garage and grabbed a diaper and wipes out of Bailey's diaper bag and ran back into the house and I hit Emma Catherine smack on the head with the door. She started crying and I picked her up and saw blood coming from a gash above her eye. I cleaned it up, but then I didn't know what to do. I called Ryan and we talked back and forth over if she needed so be seen by a doctor. I ended up emailing him a picture, but in the mean time, I called her doctor. The nurse was extremely nice and told me that I needed to take her to the ER at Children's hospital since it was a gash and it was on her face. I loaded up the girls and went downtown to the ER and Ryan met us there. I was very impressed with the hospital they were so kind and we didn't have to wait at all. When the doctor came to look at the cut, she decided that Emma Catherine didn't need stitches after all, and could get by with a couple of steri-strips. Even though she didn't need stitches, I was still glad we took her because I would have been worried about it, especially since it's still bleeding a little.

4 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

Ouch! Glad she is ok. :)

Cathy said...

My poor girl. I know that she needs her Mia there with her. Hopefully this is the last visit to the ER.
Love to all.
Mia

Zac Boman said...

Oh, no! I'm glad that she is okay and didn't need stitches. :)

carly rae said...

EMCAT! I HAD NO IDEA!
She is so brave!
I hope she has no hard feelings towards Beauty and the Beast.