Wednesday, September 24, 2008

7 Months


Bailey turned 7 months old this week and a lot of changes have been happening in her life. The biggest is that she got her first 2 teeth!! I had been thinking for awhile that she must have been teething, but up until yesterday, I had not felt any teeth poke through. Yesterday when she woke up from her morning nap, I discovered not one, but two teeth poking through her gums on the bottom. Poor girl, no wonder she's been a little fussy lately.

Another change is that she is now sleeping in her crib without being swaddled and without her positioner. Up until Sunday night, we had swaddled her from the chest down (not her arms so she could suck her thumb) but it was getting to be difficult because I was getting up and going upstairs to reswaddle her at least once a night and sometimes twice. I knew it was getting to be time to break this habit, but I was worried about how she would sleep. On Sunday night I put her down after I nursed her without being swaddled. She only cried for a few minutes and then she fell asleep...on her tummy of all places. I thought that was funny because she hasn't slept on her tummy a day in her life. She was a little restless at times in the night but she did sleep all night. Her naps have been okay for the most part, but a little shorter than usual. I think she is just getting used to her freedom and discovering how she likes to sleep. This morning she slept until 8, and I never had to go into room...hooray! We have a video monitor in her room so it has been funny to watch her sleep. She uses the entire crib. She rolls up down and around and so far, I have seen her sleep in every position - front, back, and both sides. She also sleeps horizontally and vertically. Don't worry though, she manages to find her thumb in every position.

Bailey is now sitting up really well, and that is preferred play position right now. We let her sit in a high chair at restaurants this weekend and she loved it. She was happy and played with toys and looked all around. Yesterday I let her sit in the front of the shopping cart at the grocery store and she was in awe of the world around her. I meant to bring my camera but I forgot so I'll post of picture of her in the cart next week after our Monday grocery trip. Our friends, the Thompsons, gave Bailey this high chair/grocery cart cover as a baby gift and it is thick and soft. I love it.

No comments: