Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The bribe

Okay, so I haven't posted about potty training in awhile, but here goes. When my mom was visiting we started working on potty training again since she would be here to help. Needless to say, Emma Catherine has been wearing "big girl underwear" ever since. She has done so well and only had a few tee-tee accidents. Unfortunately pooping in the potty has been hit and miss. Last night we got her to use the potty by telling her we would take her to get an ice cream cone. She was so excited. Today when she used the potty she thought she needed another ice cream cone. I really don't think that I'm starting a good trend but the fact that she is pooping in the potty is encouraging. I didn't have an ice cream cone at the house today but after lunch I let her have a slim-a-bear ice cream sandwich. If you don't know about them, they are "so good" as Emma Catherine says. They have no sugar added and only 2 grams of fat but all the taste. I couldn't resist taking a picture of face after her "big treat." (another phrase she likes to use)We started Bailey with vegetables on Monday and I was so pleased that she did so well. She ate them like a champ and on Tuesday she even got mad when I stopped in between bites. Hopefully she will like the rest of the vegetables as much. Also, my sister in law suggested we try the single grain oatmeal instead of the rice cereal and that maybe she would eat it better and she did! The last few days she has eaten all her oatmeal and hardly spit any out.
Well, Friday we are off to the beach and I am so excited. Can't wait to blog about our trip.

1 comment:

Rachel N. said...

Raylee loved oatmeal cereal as well and couldn't stand rice cereal. We didn't stop with the oatmeal until she was a year old.