Saturday, August 13, 2011

Our Summer

Well, out summer is just about over, and surprisingly, I am sad.  I thought I might be ready for the girls to go back to school because we have been together 24/7, but I am not.  I thoroughly enjoyed this summer with the girls.  We had no schedule and just enjoyed each day as it came.  We were able to go to VBS, play dates at church, visit my family in Florida, and have my parents here for 3 weeks or so.  We also spent a LOT of time at the pool and the library.

We went to the library at least once a week the whole summer.  We checked out books, movies, CD's, played on the computer sand collected prizes for the reading club.  This summer the theme at the library was One World, Many Stories so on the bulletin boards in the children's area they had large pictures of countries that were actually collages of copies of book covers.  Each week they placed a snapshot of 2 librarians in each country and the kids get to go to each country and try to find the hidden picture.  Once you found the picture in each country, you got a prize.  I'm not sure if that even makes sense, but the girls loved doing this and now our library bag is full of little trinkets from each week.



At the beginning of the summer, we joined the neighborhood pool and we loved it.  Generally, the girls enjoyed going back and forth from the baby pool to the big pool.  Emma Catherine loved the diving board and became very brave.




Good bye summer, we'll miss you!

1 comment:

Wanting What I Have said...

What a GREAT reading program. Makes me miss having that kind of library. We had the same theme, but no prizes or games along the way...just a bag of coupons, plastic snake, and a toothbrush once you met your goal. Not very motivational in my opinion. I was always one of the top readers as a kid-the prizes and competition TOTALLY encouraged that! I'm glad y'all have such a wonderful resource!