Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

One of my favorite memories growing up was how my family celebrated Valentine's Day.  My mom always cooked a special dinner and then Mom, Dad, Lauren and I had a candle light dinner.  I decided this year that I wanted to try to do a special candle light dinner with the girls, and we even used our china, which sadly, we've only used a few times in our 7 1/2 years of marriage.  Emma Catherine and I made heart shaped brownies and then she and Bailey decorated them with pink icing. 

Of course things never quite turn out as we envision them.  Emma Catherine didn't like the candle light and argued for awhile about wanting the lights on.  Then Bailey looked at her food and told us she didn't like it and didn't want to eat it.  We reminded her that we made the special dessert but it didn't make much difference.  She whined about her dinner the whole time.  Oh well, we'll try again next Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oh well, it was a great try. I love you and your family, too.
Have a great day.
Love, mom