Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bailey

Our sweet Bailey girl turned 3 today!  I can't believe it.  She is so funny and keeps us laughing all the time.  She says off the wall and random things all the time.  For example, last Saturday she woke up and ran into our room and said, "Hey guys, let's talk about Rapunzel."  Then she proceeded to tell us parts of the Rapunzel movie.  Sometimes all Ryan and I can do is laugh. 

Today I took Bailey to ride the carousel while Emma Catherine was at school.  I had a good time being with her and celebrating her.  Tonight for dinner she chose Taco Bell.  She had a hard time deciding between Taco Bell, McDonalds, and Chick-fil-A and every time we asked her she said something different.  She finally settled on Taco Bell.  We came home for her to open a few presents and to have her Sleeping Beauty cake. 

In my family we have a little birthday tradition.  When we are celebrating someone's birthday, after we say the blessing, we all yell, "God bless the birthday girl (or boy)."  Tonight when I was getting Bailey ready for bed she said, "God bless the birthday girl.  Today is my birthday, so God bless me."  I love her so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What??? Bailey is 3? Time flies! That is a really cute picture of her with her card. (or very small book?) Adorable!

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday to my precious one. I remember the day you were born and I held you. You were minutes old and I fell in love. You are a lucky girl to have a godly family and a sweet big sister. You are loved by so many and we are thankful for you.
Happy 3rd birthday special one.
Love,
Mia

Rachel N. said...

Christen, that is PRECIOUS! She reminds me of Elyse so much, haha!