Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Tooth

This week Emma Catherine lost her first tooth...at 4 years old.  It was quite shocking to me and to her.  On Friday night she told me her tooth was loose and I didn't even believe it until I felt it for myself.  By Monday morning it was very loose.  After lunch, she and her sister were fighting over a doll and she put it in her mouth.  Bailey pulled the doll out and out popped the tooth. She cried because she was scared about it falling out and she said it felt weird and she didn't like it.  Because she is only 4 I don't think she even knew people lost teeth or anything about the tooth fairy.  All day she asked tons of questions about the tooth fairy.  She didn't sleep well that night either because she was so worried about the tooth fairy.  I think she was worried about someone coming into her room.  She said she was scared.  I felt so bad for her.  Maybe next time we'll get a tooth fairy pillow or something to hang on the outside of her door.  She has now adjusted to having the missing tooth and is showing everyone.  The tooth beside the one she just lost is loose too.  I still can't believe she already lost a tooth.

3 comments:

Jen said...

You could make her a tooth fairy bag like this. There's a link to a felt hand-stiched version in the article too.

becky bell said...

I still can't believe she lost a tooth! That is crazy. I bet it was scary for her. Glad she's okay with it now! She looks even cuter with her missing tooth! :)

Anonymous said...

she can still suck