Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Bailey!

My precious Bailey girl turned 2 today and I can't believe it. Wasn't she just a baby? I think that I've treated her like a baby for longer than I did with Emma Catherine. With Emma Catherine we didn't have a choice because we were about to have another baby and she had to be a big girl. With Bailey, there has been no reason to rush things. Except that Bailey desperately wants to be big like her sister. Everyday she is showing her independence by wanting to do things "myself." She wants to brush her teeth, put on her clothes, get into the car all by herself and the list goes on and on. This also includes her wanting to use the potty. She now uses the potty about 5 times a day. She still wears diapers because I think things are too crazy to push big girl underwear, but she started using the potty all on her own. She also is showing her independence at the dinner table. She is very vocal about what she wants to eat and generally it is not what I have cooked. She has such sweet laugher and loves to talk and to copy whatever we say. She also says, "what's this?" pointing to anything and everything about 50 times a day. It cracks us up.
We celebrated her birthday last night with Stevie B's pizza and a few presents from Mommy and Daddy. She was so excited to get to open presents by herself. Bailey girl, we love you so much and are so thankful for you!

No comments: