Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ballet Recital

I posted earlier this fall that Emma Catherine is taking ballet at Worship Through Dance. She has enjoyed it and she loves her teacher, Mrs. Bridget. They had their first recital this month. It was a Christmas themed ballet and Emma Catherine was a cow. All the girls her age were different animals. Emma Catherine wasn't really happy about her costume. It wasn't that she was a cow, but it was that she had to be an animal at all. The older girls in the recital got to wear traditional ballet costumes and Emma Catherine thought they looked liked princesses. After the recital we called my mom to tell her about the recital and she asked Emma Catherine if she was gorgeous. Emma Catherine said, "No, the girls with princess dresses were gorgeous and I was a cow." We told her that she was a gorgeous cow, but I don't think she believed us. I think her spring recital will be more "princess-like."The day before the recital, Emma Catherine had a dress rehearsal, and let me just say that it didn't go so well. She hadn't had a nap in about 4 days and she was grumpy, weepy, and whiny. She didn't want me to leave her side and she when she was on stage, she really didn't dance much. I was so thankful that Lauren had stayed to go to the dress rehearsal because she was able to take care of Bailey for me.
I prayed all day on Tuesday that Emma Catherine would take a nap and that she her performance would go better than the dress rehearsal. Thankfully, the Lord answered my prayers and she took a great nap, and she did great at the recital. She was cheerful and happy to be doing ballet.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Love, love , love the pictures.