Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our New Friend

A couple of weeks ago Ryan noticed this on our deck... It was only in this general area (around our grill). Ryan thought it was weird but I assured him that I saw a lot of birds in our grass one day. Then for a few days we noticed some grass under our grill but we didn't think anything about it. Yesterday, Ryan decided to open the grill and this is what we saw...
We were shocked to say the least. You can't tell very well from the picture but the ENTIRE grill is filled with grass, hay, and sticks. It also amazed me that the opening on the side of the grill is this small.
I can't imagine how much work this bird put into this nest. Today I opened the grill to look inside and I found this...
At some point I guess a baby bird will hatch in our grill, to think that yesterday we almost cleaned out the grill. I am now wondering if we will be able to use our grill again once the birds leave. Don't birds carry diseases?

5 comments:

Beth Goff said...

That is CRAZY!!!! I bet you were shocked. Hope you get to use your grill soon :)

Rachel N. said...

OH MY!!! I can't believe that!

Wanting What I Have said...

I am laughing so hard! I cannot believe that! :)

Faye said...

THAT IS THE PRETTIEST EASTER EGG I HAVE EVER SAW! BLESSINGS, FAYE

Allison Boman said...

WOW!!!!!!! That is a lot of trouble for one little tiny egg. I can't believe how much grass is in there!!! That is amazing!!