Thursday, March 6, 2008

2 Weeks Old

Bailey is now 2 weeks old and she weighs 8lbs 9 ozs. We are slowly adjusting to life with 2 kids, but boy things are busy. I'm not sure what I would do without my mom's help these past 2 weeks. We are all really going to miss her when she leaves Sunday. Emma Catherine loves her new sister, but is definitely having many "two year old" moments. On another note, please pray for Bailey because she has a HORRIBLE diaper rash. Her skin is bright red and raw and we have been to the doctor twice because it is not getting better. We've tried lots of creams and a homemade mix of aquaphor and maalox. Today the doctor suggested she may not be digesting the dairy in my diet, which could cause the rash. She also called in a prescription ointment, so as of today, I am on a dairy-free diet to see if it helps. This is going to be difficult, but my mom went out to the store and bought some lactose-free products for me to try. Here are some pictures of Bailey's first two weeks.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Christen - Thanks for updating the blog - I've been hoping that you'd update soon. I've been thinking about you guys and wondering how everything was going. Bailey is just precious! I'm glad that Emma Catherine is doing pretty well with things. I'll be praying about her diaper rash and that the new diet will be very temporary. Love you lots! :)

Unknown said...

Edited to say: I meant I hope that Bailey's diaper rash will get better soon! That didn't make sense when I read it back.

jeg said...

Yay! New pictures! She is just adorable - I can't wait to meet her in person. I hope her rash clears up very soon. Love you all!
jenn

carly rae said...

I cant get over how BLACK her hair is! I'm so sorry about her diaper rash. Love you guys and can't wait to see you all soon!

Hill Family said...

Wow, I see Ryan all over her. My sister's little boy had a diaper rash because of the Pamper's swaddlers he was wearing. So have you tried switching diapers and/or wipes? I love getting to see y'all now. We will have to do the same thing.

Anonymous said...

love emma to watch me take bailey's nappy off and lick her new bornpussy then cumon it