Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I'm Back (I Hope)

I started this blog to keep a record of our family since I don't scrapbook and so I'm going to plug away at catching up with everything we did over the summer.  I didn't intend to not blog over the summer, but it just felt a little overwhelming at times for many reasons.  Although, I enjoyed the trips we took and not having a schedule, it was a hard summer.  The girls seemed to be constantly fighting, I had a minor surgery, and we had got some hard news about my mom. 

I want to record this because it is a part of what makes up our family and I feel that I want to have record of God's faithfulness to us.  We found out that this summer that my mom has cancer for the 4th time.  It was a big shock and I HATE that my mom has to go through this again, but I do trust God through it all.  He has shown Himself to all of us over and over throughout the last 14 years.  I am thankful for my mom's example, faith, and strength, and I can't believe what an amazing woman she is. 

On a lighter night, my last post was about a trip to Florida to visit family and as soon as we got home we started Vacation Bible School.  I taught preschool music and the girls had a fun week in their classes.  The first picture is of the girls singing the VBS songs on family night with some friends. 
All week the children at VBS collected money for a summer mission trip to Vermont.  (which is what their tshirts are for)  They collected money as a competition between Auburn and Alabama.  Months before VBS they emailed Aubie and Big Al to see if they would be able to come to VBS on the last day.  Big Al wasn't able to come and they never heard from Aubie.  Imagine everyone's surprise when Aubie showed up right after they announced that the Auburn team had collected the most money.  The kids went crazy and it was fun taking pictures with Aubie. 



No comments: