Thursday, October 1, 2009

Kids Say the Darnest Things

Emma Catherine cracks me up all the time with things that she says. I wish I would write them down so that I would remember them. The following conversation happened on Tuesday after the firetruck had visited her preschool. It is definitely a conversation I want to remember.

Me: Emma Catherine how was your visit with the firemen today?
EC: Good
Me: What did you learn about?
EC: If there is a fire when you are sleeping, go out the window. No wait, close your door and then go out the window. Oh yeah, and if you can't then call the fire people.
Me: Did they tell you the number to call?
EC: Not sure
Me: Did they say to call 911?
EC: Yes you should call 991
Me: You mean 911?
EC: Yes, you call 9911
Me: Well did they tell you what to do if your clothes catch on fire?
EC: I don't think so.
Me: Did they say anything about stop, drop, and roll?
EC: Oh yeah, they did. They said if you get on fire, drop your clothes and throw them out the window.

3 comments:

Jen said...

i just read this out loud to Chad and my sister and brother-in-law and we all cracked up at throwing the clothes out the window! Michelle keeps telling me that I need to write down the things Molly says, but like you I haven't done it yet.

Wanting What I Have said...

Ha ha ha! I just read that out loud to T...too funny!

becky bell said...

Too funny! Drop your clothes and throw them out the window! Max used to say, I'm gonna call 991 on you.