Thursday, August 21, 2008

Our new journey

Emma Catherine started on a new journey today...preschool. We had parent orientation today and she got to meet her teacher and play with the other children while the parents had a meeting. She has been so excited about preschool and she is going to preschool at our church so she knows her way around. I thought she would go right in with no problems but there was one problem. Her closest friend, Chloe is not in her class. I didn't think it would be that much of a problem expect that Chloe and her mom and sisters got to school at the exact same time that we did. We started walking to their rooms and Chloe went in to her room and I kept walking with Emma Catherine to the next door. She stopped at the door and said, "Where's Chloe? This not my room. My room's there." (pointing to Chloe's room) Then she fell apart right there on the floor. I told her teacher that she would be okay and thankfully she was. When I got back in the room, she was coloring and smiling. All the 2 year olds go to music and playground together so they will see each other plenty. They arrange the classes by age and even though Emma Catherine and Chloe are 3 weeks apart the cut off is right between their birtdays. Emma Catherine is the youngest in her class, but we are okay with that. I think it will be good for her to be challenged plus she probably fits better with the older ones since she is potty trained. I am excited to see what Emma Catherine learns this year and how she matures. Her first day regular day is Tuesday so I will post next week on how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a big day!!! They grow so fast, enjoy EVERY minute. Both your girls are just beautiful. I see so much of Larry in little Bailey. Hope you can visit us in ME soon. Love to you all!

Amy, Hillary & Madison

jeg said...

Oh, my gosh, her hair is so long! What a beautiful big girl she is becoming!