Saturday, February 9, 2008

Ready or not...

...Bailey is coming soon. I went to the doctor this week and I have already progressed to 3 cm. The doctor is going to induce me on Feb. 21st, if I haven't already had her. That is less than 2 weeks away and we can't believe it. I was shocked because it feels like there is so much to do, but since the appointment I have calmed down. I went to Bible Study on Thursday and part of the lesson was about being confident in the Lord. I am going to be confident in God's plan for our family's life and also for Bailey's life. The Lord knows when Bailey will arrive and I am going to trust in that. My parents are flying into town on the 20th, so my hope and prayer is that she does not come until the 21st, but if God has other plans, I am confident that He's in control. The biggest issue is making sure that Emma Catherine is taken care of and a dear friend here has offered to watch Emma Catherine if Bailey comes early. I go to the doctor again next Wednesday, so I will update later in the week. Please pray for Bailey to be healthy and that I will have a calm delivery.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Christen - I am so excited that you have a blog now!!!! I was just thinking that I wish you would create one.
I can't believe that it's almost time for Bailey girl to arrive. I was thinking yesterday that I wanted to check on how you were doing and see when things might be happening. I'll be praying for your parents to be able to make it in time and for a healthy baby and delivery. Let us know when things start happening so we can pray! Love you lots - Allison :)

Anonymous said...

CHRISTEN! This is the BEST thing EVER. I'm THRILLED that you have a blog. Its about to become my homepage!
FEB 21ST??? EEEKKKKKK.
I love you so much and can't wait to meet Bailey.
Let me know when I can come over. I don't want to be in the way of all the excitement!
Love you all SO much!

Rachel said...

I'm so excited for you guys! And now I can watch the girls grow up through pictures on your blog! This is awesome! Love you guys!

Rachel N. said...

Christen,
I think it is so neat what you are doing with the blog. Please keep us posted on you, Ryan, and the two girls. We will be praying for the upcoming delivery.
Miss you all!
Rachel Neal

Anonymous said...

This blog will help the miles between us seem shorter. Can't WAIT to see you--all FOUR of you--soon!!!!!


Love you guys!!!!!!!!

David,Kelli,Abbi,Ben & Emily Grace

Amy Lewis said...

Hey Guys~

I can't believe that Miss Bailey is about to arrive!!! We will be praying for a safe & healthy delivery. Emma Catherine is getting so big & she is just precious. Christen, looks as if we have another dancer on our hands...I still have the pictures of you, Lauren and me in front of our house before one of my recitals. My how time flies. We love & miss y'all~

Amy, Hillary & Madison:))

Betsy said...

Christen, I am so glad you have a blog. I love seeing the pictures of Emma Catherine. I will be praying for Bailey and a healthy delivery. Love and miss you. Betsy

jeg said...

Yay for Bailey's arrival! I can't wait to meet her. You will do wonderfully, I know. Love you all!
jenn ginn